- Government has decided to reinforce the PM KUSUM
program with two million off-grid and 1.5 million on-grid solar pumps.
- The government also proposed that a large solar
capacity would be developed along the railway tracks on lands owned by the
- Emphasis on using barren or fallow land for
solar projects is also appreciated as at NSEFI.
- The $3.08 billion stimulus to boost India’s
- Focus to bring down the commercial losses in the
distribution companies by mandating prepaid meters, coupled with the consumers
having the ‘choice of suppliers’.
- The government also intends to promote smart metering,
and the finance minister urged all the states and union territories to replace
conventional energy meters by prepaid smart meters in the next three years.